SARstories News is our blog for all things Search & Rescue: interesting mission reports and articles, featured SAR teams and new items on the website, upcoming conferences, gear reviews, and anything else that piques our interest and we hope will pique yours.

Learn About Becoming a SAR Volunteer

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Break From SAR In The Boundary Waters

Just a brief shout out as I leave for vacation in Minnesota's Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness for a couple of weeks, to invite anyone who would like to write a SAR-related guest post to let me know at contact@sarstories.com.

Or, if you have an article or interesting mission report already online, send me a link and an image perhaps, and I can post a snippet here and then send readers to your site for more.

And I'll have more SAR stuff to write about myself when I return from paddling around the land of a thousand lakes.

While I'm there, I'll be reading a SAR-related novel, for a change, instead of the usual true rescue and survival stories. The book is called Last Chance Rescue: A Story Of Rescue And Romance In The Rocky Mountains by former helicopter pilot and Army Reserve medic, Tracey Cramer-Kelly. You can find out more about Tracey and the book in an article I wrote on Squidoo. (Yes, I'm just all over the place.)

So, for fifteen days it'll be lakes and loons for me instead of Search & Rescue and this computer. Back to both in mid-August.

Until then, take care....

Deb
Deb's Search & Rescue Stories
SARstories.com

No comments: